Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Quest for 18 Constitution

Welcome to my new Geek Fitness blog.

So a little about my past and my current life for those unfamiliar with me. I am going to give my general stats in D&D terms, as this is a Geek Fitness blog.

I first began working out in High School, I graduated at 5'7" and 135 lbs. (Strength 11, Dexterity 13, Constitution 12). I had a little chub around my midsection, but not too much. Prior to that I was a skateboarder, so I had some serious endurance; unfortunately I also had a pretty serious Big Gulp addiction. I also ended up with several injuries. (Strength 12, Dexterity 13, Constitution 13)

I danced a lot in the years between high school and joining the Navy; but I did less body building. In 91, I joined the Navy, boot camp of course increased my endurance. (Strength 13, Dexterity 13, Constitution 14).  During A-School I let me endurance start to slip, which would continue to slip throughout my entire time in the Navy. After A-school (Strength 12, Dexterity 12, Constitution 12) 

While I was stationed up at Whidbey Island, I really started to workout...Greatly increasing my strength, but not my endurance. (Strength 16, Dexterity 13, Constitution 12). This is when I was at my strongest; at one point I carried 300 pounds of tie-down chains out to the aircraft to tie down the jets during a detachment at El Centro. I was able to bench 275 in sets of 10 reps; and 60 lb dumbbell deltoid lifts.

When I transferred to Lemoore and went on WestPac, my trips to the gym began to decline, and I stopped my increases, my endurance fell a lot, and I eventually got kicked out for Physical Readiness Test fails for not doing the 1.5 mile run in 12:45 or less (though I failed one by 6 seconds.) (Strength 14, Dexterity 12, Constitution 11).

After Sean and Ian were born I was doomed, now 13 years later, I would put my stats at (Strength 12, Dexterity 12, Constitution 7). My endurance is shot; my weight is over 225, and I need to get back in shape, and push through my borderline diabetes.

My goal is to drop at least 50 lbs of fat by building a lot of muscle, I don't care about weight, it's a number, I care about health.

The boys want to learn Parkour and we're continuing our Kung Fu. I want to get my stats to: (Strength 16, Dexterity 16, Constitution 18)

I work a sedentary job, I do my blogging, and I have my freelance work, so I don't really have a lot of time. So IF I can do this, so can you.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome. Please continue to update to G+.

    //Harley Stroh
    Str 12, Dex 11, Con 10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Harley! I will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete