Monday, July 29, 2013

Days 5-8

Day 5 - Scheduled rest day. Worked out 4 days straight after not working out consistently for over a year; so rest day.

Day 6 - Kung Fu day 1:15 minute kung fu class, always good exercise

Day 7 - Missed working out at the gym due to timing conflict with dropping the boys off as the Escondido Chuze closes at 7PM, found out the Carlsbad Chuze fitness closes at 8PM, Mission Valley as well. RB closes at 7, but would be OK for a short workout after dropping the boys off if I hurried. All in all, I don't want to let it happen again, as my workouts at a gym are much more focused and intense.

Day 8 - Ah back at the gym, and even though work was from 7AM to 7PM today, I was still excited to head to the gym. After an hour and 15 minute workout my muscles were exhausted but my brain was wide awake, I still feel energized.

I began my journal today:

Here's what I did at the Gym today,
Cardio around 15-20 minutes on the Circuit training area. I used a burst technique, so I only used middle resistance, but used a bursting technique (like a fast punch, with a controlled ending.) This really burned out my muscles while I was working out, and if I got to the point I couldn't do more easily, I dropped the weight and continued bursting through. Got my heartrate to around 135.

I immediately continued to the split benchpress machine (it's a flat bench without a bar.)
20 burst reps @ 110# (wide grip)
16 burst reps @ 160# (wide grip)
8 reps @ 200# (wide grip)
8 reps @ 200# (narrow grip)
12 burst reps @ 110# (narrow grip)

Incline press (at this point my muscles were already flagging)
12 reps @ 110# (wide grip)
failed 3 attempts to push 201# (wide and narrow grip)
dropped to 161# 5 reps, failed on the 6th.
10 reps @ 111# (narrow)
10 burst reps (wide) +2 regular reps

Pec Fly nautilus machine
16 reps @ 130#
12 reps @ 160#
8 reps @ 190#
16 reps @ 115#
20 reps @ 55# (too light, I had to go slow so I didn't break the machine)

Abs
Finished off with some leg lifts 3 sets of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment